Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Gardening



With a sunny and warm weekend at hand, I took advantage and got outside. Between Dan and I and all of the kids, we got a lot done in the yard and garden.

Dan dug out the last of the front sections for me. The kids and I went through the big clumps and pulled out the grass. I still have some sifting to do before all of the good dirt goes back and I can plant things.

I also weeded the strawberry and iris sections and am happy to report lots of flowers on the strawberries and at least a dozen buds on the iris. This will be the first year they bloom for me. I cannot wait to see the colors that I get from the starts that my friend Patty gave to me.

I was talking with friends about all I had done and thought it would be neat to see where I started and where I am now. I originally had quite a blank slate with only the Japanese Barberry bushes and the weeping birch in place.







Two years later, I have this. Of course another comparison will be in order once there is a bunch of color in place of the green.

No comments: