Thursday, May 1, 2008

Getting Ready for College...



... ALREADY???


Yes, I should be preparing I am told by Patrick's English teacher. She thinks he has wonderful potential and the sooner we get started on looking for scholarships and getting him ready for them and everything else that comes with sending your child off to college, the easier it will be for all of us once he is there.

I was not quite ready for that though we have talked about going to college. I sure thought I had at least another year before I needed to start thinking about stuff like this but I guess it is that time now.

So where to begin, I have absolutely no idea. The first thing on my list will be an appointment with the counselor at school. A more in depth talk with his English teacher as well as the principal at the school.

On a good note, this is all stuff I am good at. The research, note taking, gathering of information. With any luck it will be a fun project for me and one that will help us to send our son to the college he wants when he graduates.

No comments: