Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First Book




Jonathan is well on his way to becoming a writer and if not then at least he is having fun with it for now. He enjoys writing words and drawing pictures to go along with them. The fact that letters have become words to him this past year has shown us a huge growth in his confidence in both reading and writing. It sure is exciting to see.

Jonny has always been a story teller, in fact a lot of the time it drives us crazy because often we want to just get to the point rather than hear everything that came up to that point.

This week Jonny came home with a book he wrote at school. Here is how it reads:

STarWors
BY JON







It took me a while to figure out and Jonny had to help a bit. He told me, I messed up a little with the words. I told him that it was a great story and I will keep it forever.

Here is what he said. "Darth Vader is invading the world, Yoda is saving the world."

Of course Jonny made his big brother Patrick proud because he, too, is a Star Wars fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic story and pictures, Jon!! Send me a story and pictures in the mail, I would really like that.
Love you
Granny