Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring Cleaning



Yes, it is that time of year again. The time when I get the bug to rearrange rooms. I have to say I blame it all on my mom because I can vividly remember season to season changing rooms around. Lugging furniture from here to there, dusting everything in site, making sure that everything was perfect before putting all of the piles we created back into their place. OK, so the piles were usually in my bedroom and most of it ended up in the garbage, but you get the idea.

It is one of those things that must be passed on in a genetic way because I cannot help but to completely overhaul my house as the seasons change. It kinda drives Dan a little crazy when I start moving things around so I have learned to just get started on it and only ask for help in moving the big furniture once things are so out of whack that he has to help me or he will not have a place to sit or sleep. He has learned it is just a way of life in living with me and usually the changes that I make, he loves.

A couple of weekends ago we redid our bedroom and last weekend the living room. Today was the lil kids room. The bunk bed was moved out from in front of the window and now the window is flanked by bunk beds. They can open up that window now that the weather is nice. Fresh air in there is much needed during the warm months and since it is the coolest room in the house, it helps to keep the rest of the house nice and cool as well. In place of the bunk bed is the TV stand/dresser. This keeps Charlie from climbing in the window which he loves to do.

Now we have a pile of toys that the kids will help me sort through. Some to the trash that cannot possibly be fixed and some to be donated that they have grown out of. We may yet find a carpet that I know exists.

I know mom will read this and laugh knowing she had the same thoughts when I was a child and we found my carpet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have to rearrange the house to clean properly, this is a small house, so I have to be creative. You brought fond memories to the surface, thanks! You can blame your Aunt Clara for passing this all down and around again. One of these days I will tackle the garage. Love Mom