Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Daze



I think my title is appropriate because that is how the summer has felt so far, one day blurring into another creating a dazed state that I seem to perpetually stumble through. For the most part, I think that everyone is having an awesome summer. Lots of time in the pool, out in the sun, going places and doing things but for this tired mommy, it sure seems like summer has already gone on for months and when will it ever end. Don't get me wrong, I am loving all of the time with the kids but I just wish we could slow down a little bit. I think once summer school and yearbook are done, life will settle into that slower summer pace.

My kids look good, all sun-kisses and healthy. Even I have managed to not glow when I walk outside in shorts. Everyone's hair is getting lighter as their skin gets darker which is cool to see. I think that the kids are all lucky to get natural streaks in their hair from simply doing the things that kids do on hot summer days.

We are gearing up for the 4th of July, we have been invited to a friend of Patrick's for a party and then comes Patrick's birthday party. He wants to have a camp-out with his friends, guys and gals. I think it will be a blast and if that does not work out, then we will have a BBQ by the lake and a day of swimming. He is 15 this year and that means a whole new world opening up for him with driving lessons for the next year and then his license. YIKES!

Things are also going great with Danny moving in, a few minor bumps along the road but so far so good. He has been walking every day and has lost 10 pounds since he moved in with us. Such an awesome accomplishment!

My mother-in-law, Sharon found out this past week that she is going to need chemotherapy for her cancer. We are all very saddened by this news but know that everything is going to be ok. She is in good spirits and seems eager to get this going and then over with. We continue to keep her in our prayers.

So I guess that is it for a summer day, the kids call and it is time to really get the day going again.

No comments: