Saturday, February 24, 2007

Longing for spring...



Things are starting to pop up all over the garden. My daffodils are ready to bloom and the columbines are slowly unfurling their leaves. My spices are coming back to life and peeking out from under the dirt as well. Spring is in the ground but not yet in the air as we are still getting lots of rain and the occasional snow flurry.

It seems as though spring has also struck the kids. They are wishing the sun would come out so they can ride their bikes. Dreaming of long summer days under the sprinklers and in the pool have begun.

It makes for long and loud weekends when the rain is pouring down and the wind blowing.

Soon, I tell them, hoping it will be true, soon spring will have truly sprung and the vastness of the great outdoors will once again be available to us all.

5 comments:

Shirley4 said...

This is a lovely post, Triss. Your columbines are peeking through?! I'm going to get my seeds started tomorrow. Columbines and various other flowers and herbs. Mine will always remain indoors though, in my apartment, sad to say. But it will be spring in my house. Won't it be great when we feel that warmth

Triss said...

Yes, they are coming up in my flower pot on the porch and in 2 different places in the garden. I got a lot of them from Bill so they are Cedar Hill flowers! Very exciting stuff!

Shirley4 said...

That was suppose to be in the Spring post. Sorry.

This snuggle time is so wonderful and your parenting sounds so wonderful. I always wonder why so many parents can't be like this with their children! It takes love in ones heart, and I think that is something very lacking in humanity anymore. Love your family. You must be proud.

Triss said...

Thanks for the great comments Shirley! I am VERY proud of my family.

JV the Critter Keeper said...

Triss like your blog. Your plants are so pretty and your kids as usual very good looking. Looking forward to more pics as year progress's