Sunday, June 1, 2008

Garden Stuff



I spent a little bit of time in the garden this week. Finished clearing around the last Japanese Barberry and moved some yellow and orange daylily into that spot. I am hoping that they will provide weed control since doing any kind of work around the 1 inch thorns of the barberry can be dangerous.

And I got a new color bloom on my iris. This one is called American Classic. I love the ruffled edges. The iris have spread so much that I will need to move some that are on the outer edges of their space to a new place in the fall. It is good cuz that just means more color somewhere else.

Who knows how much time I will have for the garden in the next couple of weeks with so much end of year school stuff happening. With the weather forecast calling for cool temperatures and showers, I am sure it will manage without me until I can get my hands dirty again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! My potatoes and garlic are coming up and we planted green beans and corn and turnips and squash at Bob's..my poor back!
Keep up the good work.
Love Mom