Thursday, March 13, 2008

Feel Good Food



We all have them, something that just makes us feel good no matter how we have been feeling prior to dinnertime. And I am not just talking chocolate ladies, I am talking a home cooked meal that always makes you feel good.

I have a couple of meals that can change the course of a day for me. One is the meal that won my heart when Dan cooked it for me and the other is dinner tonight. I will have to dig up the recipe that Dan uses, but for now here is mine.

I start with Italian sausage in a skillet and fry that up. Add in some onions, garlic and peppers, hot or mild. To that I add my veggies, tonight is asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash. Some Italian spices, basil. oregano, parsley and a dash or 3 of hot peppers since I used mild bell peppers. Finally a bunch of chopped up tomatoes. Serve this with penne pasta and top it with grated parmesan, add some warm French bread to the side. YUM!

This recipe can be tweaked in many ways but no matter how I cook it up, I feel good about eating it.

No comments: